Why Home Security Is So Important?
The FBI reports that in America a burglary occurs every 10 seconds. A property crime occurs every 3 seconds.
Most American homes are full of valuable electronics and priceless family heirlooms. However, only 25% of these same homes have a security system. The vast majority of security system installations are done after a home has been broken into.
90% of police believe alarms deter burglary attempts. Interestingly enough, 90% of burglars interviewed said they would not attempt to break into a home with an electronic security system.
The numbers are overwhelming:
- 81% of residential burglaries occur through the first floor.
- 34% of burglars enter through the front door.
- 49% of all burglaries occur during the day.
- 38% of all assaults occur during a home invasion.
- 60% of all reported rapes occur during a home invasion.